- Sapphire – Sapphire boasts of a wonderfully blue color which comes from the titanium, chromium and iron component. Some of these stones also come in colors of orange, purple and green. However, the prized ones are of an intense blue or pure blue with just a few shades of violet blended in. The cut and clarity of the sapphire also counts when judging its value. Sapphires have a strong legendary background with some people even believing that the world sits on a giant sapphire with the blue sky a reflection of the gemstone. They are seen as symbols of sincerity, constancy and truth – which is why they are often used as adornments in engagement rings as a sign of loyalty.
- Diamond – the diamond is definitely one of the most precious gemstones today, often used as a sign of luxury. They are made of pure carbon and is the hardest material on earth. In fact, it can only be cut using another diamond. The value of a diamond is determined through their clarity, carat, cut and color. Today, the precious gemstone symbolizes status, durability and romance. The word itself comes from the root word “Adamas”, a Greek term which
From the current world that mainly deals with the trends of experimental fashion, the cross necklaces are worn by as many people as jewelry, without or with having any relation with religion. These crosses are liked by a large number of people because of their basic construction which is classic and versatile. Even people of other religion along with atheists, non-religious people and religious people have accepted these crosses as a graceful charm when worn by using a beautiful chain around the neck.
Many multiple forms of these necklaces can be discovered in the present times. There are the plain cross pendant necklaces, the classic or orthodox crosses, the Celtic cross and crucifixes. There are certain pendants that are meticulously handcrafted with the help of designers, though there are many that are made on a commercial scale. The cross pendants can differ in dimension from being robust and big for being quite delicate and small. The structure is changed from time to time too, for adding variation in the conventional shape. The sterling and gold, silver cross pendants are essentially being common ones. Sometimes, diamonds are also encrusted inside the pendants for adding a special touch for going well with …
Finding the right jeweler makes creating your ring a dream. To make sure that happens, you’ll want to find a designer that will involve you in the process, working with you to create a perfect work of that you’ll admire for the rest of your lives. Here are some tips to keep in mind while you’re looking for the right designer.
- Make sure you find someone who wants your input, and who you find easy to work with. Ask them during your consultation how the process works and how often you’ll be asked to weigh in on things. The right person should be able to answer this easily and affably.
- The right gemologist will be able to state clearly what your options are in terms of the gemstones you want to incorporate, and how different cuts will play into your vision. They should be able to clearly lay out your initial options to give you a good start. During your consultation, tell them your budget and what aspects of the ring are most important to you. Then ask them for your options and what cuts they would recommend.
- Once you are both on the same page, the right custom engagement
The first thing to research is what type of guard will accentuate and enhance the beauty and elegance of your ring. Of course, you want to match the metal color of your ring identically so if your engagement ring is platinum, you may want to purchase a platinum or white gold ring guard. The same applies with a yellow gold engagement ring. Now don’t think you must match the metal karat, 14 or 18 karat gold have the same shimmer and gloss in both karat purity and in yellow or white gold. For the sole purpose of protection, unless you’re dead set on matching the karat, 14k is a more cost effective way to go in ring guards.
There are literally hundreds of styles to choose from when shopping for a ring guard. Get online and do some shopping around for the style you think will work best and look beautiful around your engagement ring. That way you won’t spend hours in the jewelry store looking through catalogs of ring guards. Start with the question, simple or fancy? Do you want the ring guard to enhance your ring with beautiful stones of its own or simply protect the rock that …
Preset diamond jewelry often is more expensive because they are using top of line, higher quality gems. Second, from a financial standpoint it is not only cheaper to design your own jewelry most of the time, but purchasing diamonds is also a great monetary investment. Diamonds, like gold, have a set monetary value and will always be worth more than any paper currency. Those looking to get more for their money may see buying up precious stones as a smart investment for their financial future. Therefore, in the long run it may be more affordable for people to buy diamonds and a more reliable asset
Whatever your decision for purchasing diamonds, there are a few things that can help you find affordable diamonds. One, buying diamonds with slight or small inclusions will lower the price of the diamond. Although flawless diamonds are ideal, they are few and far between and will end up costing you more money. There are ways to hide these inclusions of get rid of them, many professional jewelers provide diamond cleaning and bleaching services to their customers. Two, choosing a diamond that ways slightly more than or slightly less than one carat will lower the price …
Spicing up your gemstone studs is easy-peasy with the right diamond jacket. As with any earring, you’re still looking for something that frames and flatters your face. Since the jackets are removable, a single earring jacket can drastically expand your jewelry combinations. A basic diamond jacket can be paired with studs of all types: gemstone, precious metal, patterned. Most jackets are made from a precious metal, but allergy sufferers should still be careful. Although the jacket itself doesn’t go inside your ear, it does rest against your skin.
The patterns of earring jackets are almost endless. Nautically themed diamond earring sets seems to be all the rage, with charm-style jackets being the most popular. Not quite as cute but certainly stylish are “wheel” style, which reminds me of macaroni wheels, except that they made of gold, silver, or platinum, with the outside edge and spokes encrusted with diamonds and other gems. Hammered metals are another common style, ranging from floral to abstract. These seem to vary more in material, although most are still made of metal.
Finding affordable diamond earring is a cinch. While diamond earring jackets can give an extra pizzazz to basic studs, the jackets themselves don’t necessarily …
There are many jewelry making kits available on the market for younger children and early teenagers, so if you have a child who is interested in taking up jewelry creation as a hobby, then it is very easy to help them to get started. Special jewelry creation kits for young people usually contain lots of brightly colored beads, pendants and charms, and lots of different colors of cotton wax cord. These kits usually contain instruction on how to make the most basic items, such as friendship bracelets.
However, if you are interesting in taking up jewelry making when you are a little bit older, you can still buy starter packs aimed at adults. These packs usually contain slightly more exciting things. Some jewelry making kits will be made up of things like fancy beads and different types of clasps, but the best kits will contain tools as well, like flat nose pliers which are often needed to bend wires etc. Most kits will contain instructions on how to create some standard pieces.
If you do not want to buy a kit then there are still plenty of other ways to get into jewelry making. Many local community colleges run adult …
For instance, the dealer of these valuable accessories can personalize products such as adding an embossed name, birthstone or charm on a necklace or ring. These can make your jewelry more unique and memorable. Quality jewelry means that classy and expensive materials have been used. These include gold, fine silver; sterling silver; copper; lead-free pewter (tin or silver-gray alloy); and, gold fill.
There should also be a warranty or return policy if customers are not satisfied with the item. In most instances, free shipping and delivery is provided for customers with substantial orders. Try to look for indicators that you will get only the best merchandise from these jewelry suppliers. Otherwise, find another more responsible seller.
Once you have chosen your desired earring, necklace, bracelet or ring, the next step is to learn the techniques in cleaning jewelry. The cardinal rule is that the jewelry must be the last accessory that you have to put on and the very first to remove. Never go swimming with your precious accessories. Chlorine, which is present in pools, can cause stains and dents in your favorite item. Abrasive chemicals can lead to discoloration while salt water can corrode the gems. Apply renaissance wax …
- Yellow Gold-Yellow is the original colour of gold and other shades are developed by alloying it with different elements in a range of proportions. It has been the common choice for men’s and ladies jewellery. One can’t imagine an Indian wedding without yellow gold jewellery.
- White Gold-White gold is the new popular metal for jewellery; it looks similar to platinum and offers a great look with diamonds and other precious stones. When white gold rings are new they can be coated with another white metal called Rhodium. It is very similar to platinum and shares many of the properties of platinum including its white colour.
- Rose Gold-Rose gold has a pinkish tint to it and is formed by mixing pure gold with alloys including copper. The copper provides the reddish colour to this precious metal.
Dual-tone or three-tone gold jewellery is a craze the world over. Two or three shades of gold combined to form a jewellery piece looks amazingly beautiful. However, knowing the purity of your gold is really important. You can choose from the various grades ranging from 9K, 10K, 14K, 18K and 22K. Many online jewellery stores are providing customized two-tone and three-tone gold jewellery at affordable …
How do you create these small unique, tubed pieces of blown glass? Glass blowing were first created back in the 1500’s in Germany. Hans Greiner glass blower developed a special kind of glass bead with silver lining inside. It almost looked like a pearl. Greiner’s the metallic silver bead were a hit all over Europe. Other glass makers in the mid 1800’s, created many other techniques. Czech bead glass makers in the 19th century were innovative, developing many designs and even creating Christmas ornaments. Czech glass beads were quite extraordinary. A lot of the time they would be a solid color like black with tiny carvings and silver blown inside that made the bead look like it had tiny mirrors.
Mold blowing beads are the most inexpensive way making a lot at once. These are light and colorful and most popular with the small villages in Mexico and Peru. Indians are most famous for making molded gold beads. Indians use them in most of their native costumes and jewelry; gold is cherished in India.
It might sound like an easy task to make glass beads, in fact it’s not. Indians use the old way of m. They prepare the tube …