- Sapphire – Sapphire boasts of a wonderfully blue color which comes from the titanium, chromium and iron component. Some of these stones also come in colors of orange, purple and green. However, the prized ones are of an intense blue or pure blue with just a few shades of violet blended in. The cut and clarity of the sapphire also counts when judging its value. Sapphires have a strong legendary background with some people even believing that the world sits on a giant sapphire with the blue sky a reflection of the gemstone. They are seen as symbols of sincerity, constancy and truth – which is why they are often used as adornments in engagement rings as a sign of loyalty.
- Diamond – the diamond is definitely one of the most precious gemstones today, often used as a sign of luxury. They are made of pure carbon and is the hardest material on earth. In fact, it can only be cut using another diamond. The value of a diamond is determined through their clarity, carat, cut and color. Today, the precious gemstone symbolizes status, durability and romance. The word itself comes from the root word “Adamas”, a Greek term which
From the current world that mainly deals with the trends of experimental fashion, the cross necklaces are worn by as many people as jewelry, without or with having any relation with religion. These crosses are liked by a large number of people because of their basic construction which is classic and versatile. Even people of other religion along with atheists, non-religious people and religious people have accepted these crosses as a graceful charm when worn by using a beautiful chain around the neck.
Many multiple forms of these necklaces can be discovered in the present times. There are the plain cross pendant necklaces, the classic or orthodox crosses, the Celtic cross and crucifixes. There are certain pendants that are meticulously handcrafted with the help of designers, though there are many that are made on a commercial scale. The cross pendants can differ in dimension from being robust and big for being quite delicate and small. The structure is changed from time to time too, for adding variation in the conventional shape. The sterling and gold, silver cross pendants are essentially being common ones. Sometimes, diamonds are also encrusted inside the pendants for adding a special touch for going well with …Read More
Finding the right jeweler makes creating your ring a dream. To make sure that happens, you’ll want to find a designer that will involve you in the process, working with you to create a perfect work of that you’ll admire for the rest of your lives. Here are some tips to keep in mind while you’re looking for the right designer.
- Make sure you find someone who wants your input, and who you find easy to work with. Ask them during your consultation how the process works and how often you’ll be asked to weigh in on things. The right person should be able to answer this easily and affably.
- The right gemologist will be able to state clearly what your options are in terms of the gemstones you want to incorporate, and how different cuts will play into your vision. They should be able to clearly lay out your initial options to give you a good start. During your consultation, tell them your budget and what aspects of the ring are most important to you. Then ask them for your options and what cuts they would recommend.
- Once you are both on the same page, the right custom engagement
The first step is to shape these body parts properly with the help of a file and to clean them with the help of cleanser. It is vital to remember that you do not have to make your body parts rough and hard so that gel polish can be applied on them in the best possible way. All you need to do is to dip a cotton ball in the cleanser and then to rub this type of ball on your nails as much as you can.
It is vital that you should push back the cuticles in order to expose these body parts, but it is also important that you should not push them too hard and that you should damage the cuticles at any point of time. Your next step is to wash your nails as well as your cuticles with alcohol in the best possible way. Once you wash them completely, it is advisable that you should take initiative to be able to dry them as quickly as possible.
You should then apply a single layer of your base coat and you should leave a space of at least one to two millimeters from the cuticle. If …Read More
The first thing to research is what type of guard will accentuate and enhance the beauty and elegance of your ring. Of course, you want to match the metal color of your ring identically so if your engagement ring is platinum, you may want to purchase a platinum or white gold ring guard. The same applies with a yellow gold engagement ring. Now don’t think you must match the metal karat, 14 or 18 karat gold have the same shimmer and gloss in both karat purity and in yellow or white gold. For the sole purpose of protection, unless you’re dead set on matching the karat, 14k is a more cost effective way to go in ring guards.
There are literally hundreds of styles to choose from when shopping for a ring guard. Get online and do some shopping around for the style you think will work best and look beautiful around your engagement ring. That way you won’t spend hours in the jewelry store looking through catalogs of ring guards. Start with the question, simple or fancy? Do you want the ring guard to enhance your ring with beautiful stones of its own or simply protect the rock that …Read More